In this article, we will make a comparison between two CMS: WordPress and React.
Let’s start by understanding what a CMS is.
CMS is the abbreviation of Content Management System, that is, a system that allows you to manage the contents of a website without having to have specific technical skills. In other words, a CMS allows us to create a website from scratch without having to know how to program.
A CMS consists of two parts:
- CMA (Content Management Application): the part that allows you to add content on the
- CDA (Content Delivery Application) site: The backend process that allows content to be visible to visitors
WordPress is an open-source content management system licensed with GPLv2, anyone can use or edit WordPress software for free.
Years ago WordPress was used only to build blogs, but now it is used to build sites of all kinds, blogs, e-commerce, and business portals.
What are the advantages of using WordPress?
- Easy to install to start building a website
- You learn to use it easily if you want to build a site with basic functions, WordPress is very suitable.
- Plug-ins and themes that allow you to customize the site very easily.
- SEO: WordPress SEO plugins are among the best.
What are the advantages of using React?
- Speed: Websites made with React are very fast, users really like speed
- Native apps: Once you learn how to use React, you can start using React Native to create an app.
- Free libraries and support: Almost all the libraries are free and there is a very united community ready to give all the advice you need.
RollingStone.com – A WordPress Migration and Redesign Case Study Rolling Stone is a brand exceptionally loved by millions of readers. When Penske Media Corporation (PMC) made a strategic investment in the property, he partnered with XWP in 2018 to migrate the site to WordPress, while updating the brand’s website design.
Case study of SSR with React in a large e-commerce app, In this case, study it is presented how the Server-Side Rendering (SSR) with React was implemented in an e-commerce application for one of Norway’s largest telco brands, Telia.
Which one to use of the two?
Before launching a web development project, it must be remembered that React and WordPress are different solutions, therefore it all depends on the type of site and the knowledge available.
In general, in the absence of specific coding knowledge, it is better to turn to WordPress. In any case, nothing prevents you from using React to build the theme to be used for the site and to use WordPress to manage all the data.